Author Topic: Plugs and sockets  (Read 25 times)

Offline JTL

Plugs and sockets
« on: October 13, 2017, 02:32:44 am »

I am sure some of you here are knowledgeable about this:

The first pic shows an international wall plug that is almost the same as what I have and intend to bring to China.  (Mine doesn't have the lock/unlock feature.)
The second pic shows the usual sockets used in China.

Now, on the left side of the first pic, there are two flat pins that can turn to face each other at some different angles. 
My question is, is it safe to use these two pins on the three-hole socket shown on the bottom right of the second pic? My concern here is the lack of the top pin from the plug.
Or would it be better to turn the pins to parallel positions and use them on the top right feature of the socket?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Director at Lydbury English Centre Ltd
    • Lydbury English Centre Ltd
Re: Plugs and sockets
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 09:57:51 am »
In the UK, double insulated equipment does not need an earth socket. I assume that, if you plug only has two prongs, the equipment is double insluated and it would not make any difference which sockets you used. This is my thought only and should not be taken as expert advice.
Best wishes,

Duncan Baker
http://www.lydbury.co.uk

Offline JTL

Re: Plugs and sockets
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 11:09:53 am »
Thank you Duncan, I will be using the international wall plug for charging my cellphone and power bank.  The phone or the power bank will be connected to the thing via a USB hole on the side.