Author Topic: Why PhD Degree Is Important?  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Donna Fells

Why PhD Degree Is Important?
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:20:57 am »
The number of people who pursue PhD degree is increasing every year. They understand that the more higher education you get, the better will be the knowledge and skills that you earn. Many people consider that there is no need to take a PhD to get better job or status in the society. However, education is always good and the you learn, the better person you can be in your life. There are no bad effects for education. Pursuing a PhD is an hint that you are taking rights of your future professional life and taking accountability for the growth of your academic career. People choose a PhD degree for the reason that they think it is crucial to get to their career goal and there are people who go for PhD out of great passion to look at the hidden secrets of a subject by means of research.

(link to an essay writing site has been deleted)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:18:29 am by Bertha »

Mr Tasker

Re: Why PhD Degree Is Important?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 10:02:26 am »
Students on the board might like to enter a competition to identify all the grammatical errors and nonsense phrases in the first post above.

I count twelve at a glance, but I'm sure there must be another half dozen or so if I studied it.

The winner gets a jar of Liquid Gold compost accelerator (still warm if you collect it in person).

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Director at Lydbury English Centre Ltd
    • Lydbury English Centre Ltd
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:12:56 am »
 ;D
Best wishes,

Duncan Baker
http://www.lydbury.co.uk

Offline Darryl

• Administrator
  • Far North Queensland, Australia
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 01:16:48 pm »
Ha Ha. Yes, very poorly written post. I was waiting for the link to a site offering PhD degrees, but since none was forthcoming, we'll allow the post to remain. I don't know if Ms Fells expects an answer, as there was no question there.

Mr Tasker

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 01:23:37 pm »
I think "PhD Degree" must be woman's name. Parents have been giving their kids crazy names since the 60s. Maybe PhD is a quirky abbreviation of Phillida, like Sam for Samantha.

The Subject promises to tell us why she's important and the text reveals a clue: "there are people who go for PhD out of great passion".

I would need to see a photo before I could say if I go for her or not.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:27:33 pm by Mr Tasker »

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 10:33:52 pm »
Now, now, MrT :)
Best wishes,

Duncan Baker

Mr Tasker

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 02:32:58 am »
I was waiting for the link to a site offering PhD degrees [...]

She's clever this one. The word "more" is a hyperlink, but she's outsmarted herself because links on this board are virtually impossible to see without enhancement, so few will notice.

Mr Tasker

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 02:38:52 am »
Now, now, MrT :)

Hey, it's the OP that's writing all this provocative stuff: "Pursuing a PhD" (I think that name must be pronounced "Fid"), "taking rights" (prob. sh'be 'liberties'), "passion" and "secrets".

Even the author's name is a Freudian field day. Given the standard of the piece it's probably meant to be Donna Falls - Donna = Woman (Italian) > Woman Falls > 'Fallen Woman'. Geddit?

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 11:01:28 am »
Topic now locked
Best wishes,

Duncan Baker