Café / Re: GDPR
« Last post by Bertha on Today at 12:05:45 pm »
I had some of those, too, Davel. 
Café / Re: ODI
« Last post by admin on June 20, 2018, 07:23:55 pm »
 :)
Test / Re: Test
« Last post by Britta on June 20, 2018, 05:46:20 pm »
I'm closing this thread because it attracts spammers - just deleted another one.
Language Questions / Re: true vs real
« Last post by Britta on June 20, 2018, 05:42:56 pm »
The expression "a real story" is short for "a really good story" or "this is really worth a story".
A "true story" means the content is true, pertains to reality not fiction.
Language Questions / true vs real
« Last post by highdeki on June 20, 2018, 01:46:35 pm »
Can you tell me the difference between "a true story" and "a real story"?
Café / Re: GDPR
« Last post by davel on June 20, 2018, 12:07:50 pm »
I think your initial post, Duncan, sums this up perfectly!

For those of you not (directly) affected, throughout the months of April and May we were absolutely inundated with emails from anyone and anywhere where we had any type of "account" where they held any personal data. In some cases, we had to actively "opt in" to continue - a good way to weed out those sites we accessed only once three years ago when purchasing a new bird cage for great-aunt Agatha. In most cases, however, we had to do nothing other than read their updated terms and conditions.
Café / Re: ODI
« Last post by Bertha on June 20, 2018, 11:54:45 am »
I read an article that the English women were hoping England would win. It seems that spousal abuse rates rise when England loses.
Café / ODI
« Last post by Darryl on June 19, 2018, 11:59:23 pm »
Unbelievable. Woke up this morning to the shattering news that England had scored an ODI record 481 against Australia. We had no chance of getting near that. Gotta hand it to the Englishmen. Duncan would be smiling.  :)
Language Questions / Re: ---- bore them into a count out
« Last post by admin on June 19, 2018, 10:30:51 am »
I'm not sure TK - but I think: what he was saying was so boring that they rapidly became (almost) unconscious or comatose.
Language Questions / Re: make sense of...?
« Last post by Britta on June 19, 2018, 07:54:53 am »
... the memories we produce constitute a personal narrative that makes us (helps us) understand our lives.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10