Welcome to Lydbury English Centre, one of the very few fully residential immersion courses for business and professional personnel
Rita introduces Lydbury English Centre and our unique methods
Rita talks to Ricardo Barbato about his experience at Lydbury
Rita introduces the Global Approach and the unique method we use at Lydbury English Centre
Rita explains "Business English"
Marius Wilhelm talks about his time at Lydbury English Centre
- Accelerated training approach - up to 3x faster than expected progress
- 3 trainers to 4 participants
- Each course individually tailored to meet the needs of you and your organisation
- Balanced combination course
- 1 to 1 option
- Weekend option (1 to 1 or closed group)
- 27 hours structured training and coaching per week
- 25+ hours social interaction
- Fully residential package
- Mid-week outings
- Evening events
- Contact us for details and options
I chose Lydbury English Centre because it’s the best. The advantages are:
- a beautiful, typically English place
- participation in everyday family conversations
- discovered a beautiful environment
- course adapted to my specific needs
- easy, generous people
- the most effective training I have ever had
- had a lot of fun
- learned something about the country and the people, not just language
- delicious food and very beautiful village
- personal training which is flexible from the start to the end
- a perfect atmosphere and tailor-made training
- relaxed environment
- family atmosphere
- the training is tailored to individuals
- the training is adjusted daily
- the method is very visual
- we talked only about important things
- the teachers explained the reasons for things
- the place – relaxed
- teachers sympathetic
- I think I improved my comprehension and so I feel more confident in speaking too
- I found every lesson useful
- it is a very comfortable way to learn English and a very beautiful place
- Rita and Duncan
- Global Approach
- personalised training
- family atmosphere
We establish exactly which areas of English are most important to you and focus on these.
Your time is precious – none of it wasted here.
Up to 12 hours immersion in English and British culture every day of your course.
Our team structures your learning to you and your professional needs.
Every session at Lydbury is focused on your specific professional learning needs.
GlobalApproach, our unique learning system, guarantees rapid, targeted learning. Its simple, powerful methods dramatically change how you learn!
Relaxed minds learn better! Our welcoming, friendly approach ensures your experience is positive and effective.
Rita and Duncan Baker founded Lydbury English Centre in 1985. Rita is a member of BESIG – the Business English Special Interest Group of IATEFL.
Rita is a well known international speaker and is in frequent demand to talk at conferences and to run workshops and teacher training seminars. She is also the author of the Global Approach™ to language learning.
We offer short, intensive, residential immersion courses in English and soft skills for business and professional purposes. Most of our clients are large international companies but we also have smaller clients and individuals. Most of our students are middle to senior managers, engineers, scientists, marketing and sales people. They usually come to us for one or two weeks but longer periods and weekend training are further options.
Lydbury is the ideal environment for serious learning. We offer a quiet and friendly rural environmet which provides total immersion in English 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Our training is excellent, as is our cuisine; and our comfortable residential on site accommodation means you do not waste time travelling every day. We are happy to offer you access to free internet connection and other essential facilities.